Established in 1953, through the dedication of many citizens, as a completely Volunteer Fire Department. All apparatus, building, equipment, and training was funded by fund raisers until 1960. When cost became more than could be raised, a levy was passed and the Providence Township Board of Trustees took over all equipment, agreeing to maintain and replace as needed. Since this time the department has continued to grow. Due to the increasing volume of Emergency calls and the limited availability of volunteers, during the normal work week, The Board of Trustees opted to go from a volunteer Fire Chief to a paid Fire Chief and hirer part time employees to cover week day hours in 1999.
Currently the Providence Fire and Rescue Department has a volunteer Fire Chief, 10 paid part-time members and 25 volunteer members, We provide service to all of Providence Township and the southeastern portion of Swan Creek Township. We are located at 8149 Main St. in Neapolis, Ohio.